1. Objective of Information Notice and Status of our Company as Data Controller:
Our Company Mertsom Somun Sanayi Anonim Şirketi (“Mertsom” and/or “Company”) is a “data controller” in accordance with Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“Law”) in connection with personal data of customers and this Information Notice aims to provide information on personal data processing activities performed by Mertsom in accordance with the applicable Law.
2. Objective of Processing Personal Data of Customers:
Personal data of customers are processed in accordance with personal data processing conditions and objectives specified in articles 5 and 6 of the Law, for the purpose of conducting necessary activities through business units in order to allow the relevant persons use products and services offered by Mertsom, conducting necessary commercial activities of Mertsom through business units and performance of the relevant processes; planning and implementing business and/or commercial strategies of Mertsom, and ensuring legal, technical and commercial security of Mertsom and persons that are in business relationship with Mertsom. For detailed information on processing of personal data. please refer to Policy on Processing and Protection of Personal Data prepared by Mertsom.
3. Personal Data Processed Based on Express Consent of Customers and Objectives of Processing:
Consent Notice provides personal data and objectives of processing performed based on express consent.
4. Transfer of Personal Data of Customers:
Personal data of customers may be disclosed to authorized representatives, subsidiaries, business partners, suppliers, shareholders, competent public organizations and institutions and private organizations in accordance with personal data processing conditions and objectives specified in articles 8 and 9 of the Law, including the purposes of conducting necessary activities through business units in order to allow the relevant persons use products and services offered by Mertsom, conducting necessary commercial activities of Mertsom through business units and performance of the relevant processes; planning and implementing business and/or commercial strategies of Mertsom, and ensuring legal, technical and commercial security of Mertsom and persons that are in business relationship with Mertsom.
5. Method and Legal Grounds of Collecting Personal Data:
Personal data are collected from customers electronically. Personal data collected for the reasons explained above may be processed and transferred for the purposes stipulated in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law No and this Information Notice, and Consent Notice when express consent is required.
6. Rights of Customers as Data Subject:
You can submit applications within the scope of Article 11 of KVKK that regulates your rights, in accordance with the Communique on Procedures and Principles of Applying to Data Controller via the following communication channels and use the application form provided in the head office, branches and internet site that has been prepared for supporting legal compliance of your application.
As Data Subject you can submit an application to the Company to:
· Get information as to whether your personal information is processed or not;
· Get information if your personal information is processed;
· Get information on the purpose of processing your personal information and as to whether it was used in accordance with the purpose;
· Get information on local and foreign third parties who were transferred your personal information;
· Request correction in case your personal data are processed in an incomplete or inaccurate manner and request notification of such corrections to the third persons who received personal data;
· Request deletion or destruction of your personal data when reasons requiring processing thereof are no longer applicable and demand notification of these requests to third persons to whom your personal data were transferred;
· File objection against unfavourable results obtained through analysis of personal data using automatic systems only;
· Request deletion or destruction of personal data in accordance with the conditions specified in article 7 of the Law, and request notification of the correction, deletion or destruction to third persons who were disclosed personal data;
· Claim compensation of losses and damages that may arise from illegal processing of personal data.
In case your application in connection with the aforementioned rights is submitted to our company in accordance with the application procedures specified in the Communique on Procedures and Principles on Applying to Data Controller, our company shall finalize your request free of charge in the shortest time and latest within 30 (thirty) days. However, in case any cost is incurred for the process, we will charge the fee specified in tariff of the Personal Data Protection Board.
CONSENT NOTICE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Our Company Mertsom Somun Sanayi Anonim Şirketi (“Mertsom” and/or “Company”) is a “data controller” in accordance with Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“Law”) in connection with personal data of customers and this Consent Notice aims to obtain express consent on personal data processing activities performed by Mertsom in accordance with the applicable Law.
Express consent of the customers is required for processing of personal data by Mertsom in case of the following events that do not meet the criteria for personal data processing as specified in articles 5/2 and 6/3 of the Law. Data processing activities are performed in accordance with Information Notice in case express consent is not required and data is processed in accordance with basic principles under the Information Notice in case express consent is required.
Accordingly, personal data of customers are processed for the purposes and in accordance with the procedure stipulated in the Policy on Protection and Processing of Personal Data that has been prepared by Mertsom. Accordingly, personal data are processed for creating campaigns aimed at customers; offering special opportunities to Mertsom customers by business partners of Mertsom; performing cross sales; determining the target group; conducting activities that improve user experience by following Customer’s movements; improving the operation of mobile application and internet site of Mertsom and customizing in accordance with the requirements of Customer; conducting direct or indirect, customized marketing and remarketing activities, conducting custom segmentation, targeting, analysis and internal reporting activities, planning and performance of market researche and customer satisfaction activities; offering products and services of Mertsom upon customization based on taste, habits and requirements of the concerned persons, promotion activities, planning and performance of customer relations management processes, planning and performance of sales and marketing activities for products and/or services of Mertsom; creating and/or improving loyalty for products and/or services offered by Mertsom, in accordance with the consent given by Customer and disclosed to persons specified in Information Notice for the aforementioned purposes.